Monday, November 19, 2012

Collaboration and feedback video and reflection

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJKrCn1CRYg&feature=youtu.be


Reflection Questions to Post on Your Blog

1.     What ideas from today's session could you CONNECT with? Perhaps think about what you already knew about proof reading and collaboration to respond to this question.

From todays lesson I can defiantly connect with the idea that when you write on a blog, you are writing to a public audience and never only you teacher. So when you receive feedback from the audience you are writing to it really helps you begging to notice what they are looking for in your writing. I could certainly connect with the idea that the Hardest thing is to get feedback from audience, sometimes you want someone to be just as excided as us, but most times they aren’t,

2.     What new learning did you have today about proof reading and collaboration? How did this learning session EXPAND your understanding of communication?

In todays lessons I learned a lot of new things about collaboration, and having some one check and give constructive feedback on my work. From having you partner collaborate with you by checking your work; I got another point of view. This allows you to think differently “What if I tried it this way, how about this way.”

3. In what ways did the proof reading feedback CHALLENGE your ideas in your intro + paragraph 1? What suggestions were made that helped you to see your work in a new way?

After I had my partner watch my video, and give my some feedback I felt like some of the feedback was not what I wanted to hear. The only suggestion that was made, which I though was not so relevant, was that for next time to focus more on the camera, and not so much on the environment surrounding me. I would have like to have heard something more constructive towards what I had said, instead of just “ it was really good.”

4. From your learning experience today, what does it mean to be collaborative? What are the advantages and disadvantages of face-to-face collaboration? What are the advantages and disadvantages of technological collaboration (not face-to-face)?

To work together, and communicate to and with your partner. When you are thoughtful and give you comments and options to your partner. You also get different points of views. I didn’t like giving peer review through a computer, because I don’t like filming my self, its awards, and its UN comfortable. Face to face vs. computer (one way communications), has a great difference.  When you speak to some one face to face, you can see there emotion, just like you can see there. You can’t see a computers emotion, so it’s weird and UN normal for you to talk to a computer with emotion.




No comments:

Post a Comment